Real Estate Connection is committed to providing professional, prompt and efficient service to all of our clients. We hold ourselves accountable and responsible for managing, operating and maintaining all of our properties in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. We provide the following services for multi-family residences including one to four unit residential units, all the way up to 50-unit apartment buildings:
- Collection of rent and all other charges including laundry and other coin-operated machines, parking and/ or storage income
- Execute a marketing and leasing platform designed to reduce vacancy and increase asset value
- Manage all maintenance and repairs, subject to established Threshold limits
- Appoint and train apartment managers and staff to meet our high standards
- Clear posting of all notices and swift eviction action when warranted
- Year-round 24-hour emergency service
- Our Management Fee is applied to gross scheduled rent revenue
- We find well-qualified tenants, with no extra leasing fee
- Our leasing criteria includes confirmation of employment, credit and criminal background checks
- We have an operating account, which allows us to quickly resolve maintenance issues
- If a building has over 16 units, a space must be provided for an on-site manager to occupy
- A set-up fee is not required to get started
- We will provide complete financial and operating statements each month
- Disbursements are sent directly to owners by the 15th calendar day of each month
- Real Estate Connection will provide you with Form 1099-MISC and year-end reports for accounting and tax reporting purposes at the end of the year.
- All tenants are required to complete an application that includes employment history and other applicable information.
- All tenants will be subjected to a screening process that tracks criminal and Equifax credit history for anyone moving from any part of the United States.
- Most Tenants are required to have a minimum FICO score and a Rent-to-Income ratio of 33% or lower.
- Each unit is inspected before a tenant moves in and moves out. The condition of each unit is documented and acknowledged by the resident and placed in the property file before each tenant takes possession a unit and upon move out.
- Photos are taken when needed at each inspection to document the findings of the inspection.
Repairs and Maintenance
- Repairs will be taken care of on a timely basis when the tenant or property owner requests them. We will notify the owner of the property in advance of any repair that exceeds a predetermined threshold. Any capital improvements scheduled and arranged by will be assessed a 10% fee of the total job cost.
- We do not markup work performed by vendors. We are happy to use your vendors and will solicit multiple bids on larger projects in order to ensure costs are kept a minimum.
- Real Estate Connections pays and accounts for (at the owner’s expense) all expenses including taxes, insurance, utility bills, janitorial services, trash, water, sewer and/or bills from any other service provider.
- Tenant Security Deposits are held in a non-interest bearing trust account. Real Estate Connection adheres to all California state laws regarding the handling and use of security deposits.
- Deposits will not be refunded if a tenant breaks a lease or damages a rental until. If a tenant causes more damage than the security deposit can cover, the account will be sent to a collection agency. There are no upfront costs for using these services.